The application form for all travel awards can be downloaded here.
Applications received by the deadline will be reviewed by at least two CEEHRC Network members independently.
Research Trainees / Medical Students
Funding is available to assist graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and medical students at eligible Canadian institutions* with the cost of travel to present abstracts at national and international epigenetics meetings.
Travel awards are limited to one award per degree/position.
- CEEHRC Annual Meeting—Canadian Conference on Epigenetics: 2-5 November 2021, Esterel, Québec
- Each award will cover the cost of registration (including shared room and meals)
- Plus reimbursement of economy class travel costs up to $500.
- Total award value up to $1500.
- Application deadline: 20 August 2021
- IHEC Annual Meeting:TBD
- Each award will cover the cost of registration plus reimbursement of economy class travel / accommodation costs.
- Total award value up to $2000.
- Application deadline: TBD
- All other meetings:
- Up to $1,000 per award for Canadian meetings.
- Up to $2,000 per award for international meetings.
- Applications are due one month before the start of the fiscal quarter in which the conference takes place, as follows:
|Conference Date||Application Due Date|
|Jan 1 - March 31||Dec 1|
|April 1 - June 30||March 1|
|July 1 - Sept 30||June 1|
|Oct 1 - Dec 31||Sept 1|
The trainee and/or their supervisor must be affiliated with an institution that is authorized to administer Tri-Council grant and award funds – see list.
Science Communicators / Knowledge Dissemination Experts
As part of CEEHRC’s outreach mandate, funding is available to allow science communication and knowledge dissemination professionals to attend the network’s annual meeting. Our definition of knowledge dissemination professionals includes, but is not limited to, journalists (traditional and new media); educators; and representatives of patient groups, charitable foundations, and similar organizations.
As a condition of funding, the awardees will communicate the contents of the meeting to their target audiences. All dissemination products must be made available in English and/or French (in addition to other languages, as appropriate to the intended audience), and must target Canadian or global audiences. Priority will be given to qualified Canadian applicants.
Each award will cover the cost of meeting registration (which includes all accommodation and meals), plus reimbursement of economy class travel costs up to $1,000. Application deadline: 20 August 2021