The Canadian Epigenetic Environment & Health Research Consortium (CEEHRC) Network is looking for motivated graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to join the CEEHRC knowledge translation committee and contribute to the CEEHRC Network outreach efforts including the development and curation of content on https://thisisepigenetics.ca.
Epigenetics is an emerging field whose implications are of broad interest to the research community and lay public. As members of the CEEHRC knowledge translation committee, our goal is to make epigenetics research easily accessible to a broad range of readers. We want to promote epigenetics knowledge uptake across Canada, and highlight the exciting epigenetic discoveries made by CEEHRC members and other international researchers.
Current projects and tasks
- Write lay articles on Canadian and international research.
- Host podcast interviews with experts in the field.
- Translate English website content to French.
- Organize monthly epigenetics Zoom seminars featuring a Canadian epigenetics researcher and a trainee in their lab.
Future projects (post COVID-19 restrictions)
- Host public outreach events for audience in line with CIHR’s mission: the media, parliamentarians, youth, and the general public.
- Organize café seminars.
- Work with school educators to promote epigenetics knowledge in the classroom.
Benefits of joining our team
- Contribute to an important facet of scientific research: knowledge translation in Canada.
- Work with knowledge translation experts to improve your lay writing skills.
- Learn project and time management and event planning skills.
- Interact and network with a team of motivated trainees specializing in a range of different. epigenetic domains and start building your network in the scientific community.
- Attend monthly meetings on Zoom: 2nd Thursday of each month from 2 – 3 PM EST.
- Regularly contribute to the CEEHRC website content (writing lay articles) and other future initiatives to achieve knowledge translation objectives.
- Be able to serve on the committee for at least 1 year.
If you are interested in joining our team, please complete this application form and have it signed by your Principal Investigator.
Send your application form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday November 30th 2022.
All applications will be reviewed by two CEEHRC trainee committee members and two CEEHRC executive members. Applications will be ranked and discussed and the top 4 – 6 applications will be selected.