The Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) team at Genentech is seeking a highly motivated scientist who will focus on developing, applying and implementing conventional as well as emerging epigenetics and/or chromatin structure methodologies towards basic and translational research in support of Genentech’s drug discovery and development.
The candidate will work in the cutting edge, high-throughput NGS lab that enables support for a suite of genomic and transcriptomic technologies and tools to Genentech’s Research and Early Development (gRED). Working at the interface of biology and technology the candidate will have the opportunity to address fundamental research questions by developing and employing advanced epigenetics and/or chromatin structure methodologies. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in utilizing state-of-the art epigenome profiling and/or genome folding approaches towards understanding control of gene regulation and dysregulation in healthy and diseased state, respectively. Experience in the integration of bulk and single cell molecular profiling including transcriptomic, epigenomic and genomic data is a plus. By being a member of the NGS core technology group the candidate will collaborate with scientists across gRED and participate in multidisciplinary efforts around exploiting large scale genomics data for novel drug discovery and development.
- Ph.D in biological sciences or related discipline with post-doctoral training. 5-10 years of relevant academic or industry experience is required.
- Recognition as emerging technology leader with demonstrated expertise in chromatin biology, epigenetics and mechanism of transcriptional regulation.
- Documented scientific accomplishments as evidenced by a strong list of high-impact publications in top tier journals including first author and/or senior author papers.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to manage multiple concurrent, fast-paced projects and to work with multidisciplinary teams. Advanced computational skills, basic understanding of at least one programming language is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills. Ability to mentor colleagues to enable their scientific potential. Candidates with supervisory experience will be prioritized.
- A superior work ethic combined with a strong drive to make substantial contributions and impact on basic and translational research to excel Genentech drug discovery and development.