The Cardiovascular Epigenetics Laboratory at the Montreal Heart Institute is recruiting a talented and motivated MSc/PhD student or Postdoctoral Fellow in computational biology or data analytics who is interested in studying the role of the non-coding genome in the regulation of cardiac development and disease.
This study aims to unravel the impact of non-coding DNA variants and non-coding RNAs on transcriptional regulation in heart disease (Circulation Research 127 (6), 761-777; Circulation 142 (9), 910-912).
• Work with a team of experimental scientists to generate and analyze NGS data
• Develop algorithms or bioinformatics pipelines for multi-omics data integration
• Supervise and train undergraduate students (for postdocs)
• Participate in writing research proposals and articles
• MSc./PhD student or a recent PhD graduate in computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, or data analytics
• Strong programming skills in R and/or Python
• Experience with analysis of next-generation-sequencing data such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, Hi-ChIP and GWAS datasets will be advantageous
• Demonstrate a keen interest in machine learning and integrative multi-omics analysis
• Track record of peer-reviewed publications in relevant disciplines will be advantageous
• Ability to write and contribute to research articles
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Able to work and collaborate well with experimental biologists and clinicians.
Kindly send your CV immediately to Attn: Anene-Nzelu George, Asst. Prof. Montreal Heart Institute using one of these emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com